Visa Appliacation

For entry into China, non-Chinese citizens should apply for a visa at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in the region they live. The simplest way is to apply for a tourist (“L”) visa, which should give you enough time to attend the conference and participate in pre/post conference activities. Please contact the Embassy or Consulate in your region for specific instructions. An invitation letter is not required for obtaining a tourist visa. The regular processing time is 4 working days. Please plan ahead to allow enough time for visa processing.

More information on obtaining a tourist ("L") visa in the United States can be found here. To fill the application form Q1, you should check the Tourism box.

If you have any problem on obtaining a tourist visa, please contact FAW2018 ( to issue an official invitation letter to apply for a business visa. In order to obtain an invitation letter, the following conditions must be satisfied: (1) the letter will be issued only to those who had registered to the conference; (2) the person who requests the letter must fill in the request form for an invitation letter. (3) the completed request form must be sent out to FAW2018 ( through the email address with which the author(s) submitted their paper(s) to FAW 2018.